Town of Collierville
In keeping with the Shelby County Health Department’s Safer at Home Health Order and Directive No. 16, Collierville Town Hall and all other public town buildings have closed to the public until further notice.
Town staff will continue to provide services to residents and to conduct administrative business by answering phone calls, replying to emails, and providing updates on collierville.com and our social media sites: facebook.com/townofcollierville; twitter.com/ColliervilleGov.
We encourage residents and visitors to use alternate methods to handle Town Hall business, however, we will allow visitors into Town Hall if absolutely necessary. For Town Hall assistance, dial 901.457.2200; see a complete list of Town of Collierville contacts here: collierville.com/government/contact-information.
In keeping with the Governor’s Orders No. 71 and 72, the Town of Collierville will conduct January public meetings virtually providing citizens alternate ways to comment on meeting agenda items without being physically present. All public meetings are live streamed here: collierville.com/government/live-and-archived-meetings. In addition, when visiting the streaming media page, citizens can view upcoming meetings, agendas, and submit an “eComment” on a particular agenda item.
If a citizen wants to pay property taxes by Dec. 31:
• Mail: Have the bill postmarked by Dec, 31 and mail it in to 500 Poplar View Parkway, Collierville, TN 38017.
• Drop Box: Town Hall, Collierville Library, Community Center on Powell Road, Washington Street (near the Collierville Food Pantry).
• Online: https://citisenportal.com/Search/Town%20of%20Collierville. Citizens can pay up to $10,000 by ACH (echeck) for $1; credit cards fees are 2.5 percent with a minimum of $2.
• Drive-Thru Window: The window will be open on Dec. 29-30, and Dec. 31 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; closed at lunch.
Utility Bill Pay
The Town encourages residents to pay utility bills through alternative methods instead of in-person and cash transactions to ensure everyone’s safety. The Finance Department will continue to assist residents with other accommodations as needed; call 901-457-2240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bank Bill Pay: Most banks offer this at no charge to their customers. Log on to your electronic banking site, set up the Town of Collierville as a vendor, and ask your bank to send the Town a check. This comes to the Town electronically, keeping everyone safe – you, your bankers and Town staff.
• Bank Draft: You can sign up to have your bill drafted from your bank account on the bill’s due date. This is offered at no charge to Town residents. The form can be found here: collierville.com/images/stories/homeowners/authorization_agreement.pdf. (Residents should continue to pay until your bill reflects the bank draft is in effect.)
• Online: Visit secure.utilityflex.com/collierville. There is a convenience fee charged by the third-party provider for this service.
• Check or Money Order: Pay your utility bill by mail or at one of the Town’s drop box locations.
– By mail: Town of Collierville, 500 Poplar View Parkway, Collierville, TN, 38017
– 24-hour drop boxes: Town Hall, Collierville Library, Community Center on Powell Road, Washington Street (near the Collierville Food Pantry)
• Drive-Thru Window: The drive-thru window on the north side of Town Hall is open Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. There are special hours for the last week of December; the window will be open 12/29, 12/30, and 12/31.
• Start or Stop Utility Service: Forms can be found on the finance department’s home page: https://collierville.com/departments/finance.
Collierville Burch Library
The Library is closed to the public beginning Dec. 26. The Library book drops will remain open. The Friends Bookstore will be closed and will not be accepting book donations during this time. Contact the Library 901.457.2601 for more information and the Library website for updates: colliervillelibrary.org
• Curbside Pickup
– The Library will offer curbside pickup of library holds beginning Monday, December 28th until further notice.
– During regular Library hours, patrons can call the Library at 901.457.2600 to put materials on hold through their Library account at colliervillelibrary.org.
– Patrons will be contacted by the Library to set appointment times for curbside pickup.
– Items will remain on hold for three days.
– At the Library, please follow the signs near the gazebo and call the Library staff at 901.457.2602 to let staff know that you have arrived at the Library.
Services such as development application processing and review, building and trade permit inspections and code enforcement are still active. Requests for these services can be made over the telephone or online. Contact information and application and form links are as follows:
• Development Administration (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday)
• Building & Codes (7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday – Friday)
– 901.457.2310 or email@example.com
– Application / Document link: Town of Collierville Public Portal (smartgovcommunity.com)
• Engineering (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday)
– 901.457.2340 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Planning (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday)
– 901.457.2360 or email@example.com
– Applications, Checklists, and Forms – The Town of Collierville
Planning and zoning applications, building and trade permit applications are available online and most are “fillable” PDF documents (links provided above). Once filled, these documents need to be printed and dropped off, along with a check for review and approval. Application and document drop off is available 24 / 7 using a convenient Development Department Drop Box, located outside the Codes Compliance lobby on the eastside of Town Hall. Meetings with staff, including preapplication conferences, are encouraged to be held online or via conference call if possible. In-person meetings can be arranged in advance by calling for an appointment.