The Town’s Loose Leaf collection program kicked off Nov. 4, and will run through the end of February 2020. As a service to Collierville residents crews will be collecting leaves daily and will follow the garbage collection schedule as closely as possible.
Crews may be delayed a few days due to the volume of leaves being collected or due to inclement weather. Call 901.457.2800, ext. 2 then ext. 1.
• Loose Leaf Collection service will continue through the end of February 2020
• Mulch leaves whenever possible to reduce collection costs and add nutrients back into the soil
• Utilize loose leaf collection for large volumes of leaves and bag small piles (3 to 5 bags maximum) to increase collection efficiency.
• Bag all loose piles of pine needles and place them at the curb for collection during your regular garbage day. Pine needles will not be collected by loose leaf collection crews
• Place close to the street’s edge but out of the street to reduce storm drainage blockages
“We recently experienced a high amount of wind, causing a majority of our leaves throughout the town to fall,” said Jennifer Casey, Collierville’s public information officer. “While our crews are working hard to pick up everyone’s leaves on time, certain neighborhoods with a higher volume of leaves may cause us to get off schedule.”
For example, all loose leaves on Monday’s route may take more than one day for collection prior to crews moving to Tuesday’s route. This would delay collection of Tuesday’s leaf collection route and other leaf collection days throughout the week. In some instances, there can be more than a week’s delay in leaf collection although on average, loose leaf collection will normally take place within a few days of your regular garbage collection day.
For more information and details concerning Collierville’s Loose Leaf Collection Program, call Collierville Public Services at 901.457.2800, Ext 2.